PECo Theatre are looking for a Creative Producer for Dark City, their new multi sensory, interactive theatre piece based in the world of people living with visual impairment, that is currently in its research and development phase.
What we are looking for.
You will be positive, proactive and imaginative, with excellent communication and networking skills. Have knowledge and experience of developing a market for new work through partnerships and securing commissioning and funding opportunities. Have experience in or understanding of the disability arts sector. You will also be extremely organised and have practical and logistical administrative skills including budget management and press and marketing.
- Work to engage local and regional producing venues and organisations with local and regional vision support organisations and networks to develop a strong supportive partnership for the future work.
- Identify and seek out commissioning, co-producing, sponsorship and funding opportunities with appropriate funders, companies, organisations and venues, bringing in the material and financial resources and support to allow the future work to be produced and toured regionally.
- Be responsible for communicating about the work through appropriate press and marketing opportunities gaining exposure for the work as it develops.
- Manage administrative practicalities including budget management and project communications and logistics.
What you get.
Inclusive Freelance Fee of £2,700 based on 27 days @ £100 a day. [to be worked flexibly between November 1st 2018 and March 8th 2019 – approx 1.5 days a week]
One off contribution of £55 towards travel costs
Additional support and advice from senior Pervasive Media Studio producer.
Experience of and insight into working on an innovative socially engaged theatre project and an opportunity to work in the inspiring creative environment of Watershed’s Pervasive Media Studio where the project is resident.
The time period for your role will be between November 1st 2018 and March 8th 2019
Deadline for applications: 19th October
Interviews: 23rd October at the Watershed’s Pervasive Media Studio, Bristol
How to apply:
Please send a one page document to email@example.com
It should include:
- your relevant experience, background and skills
- your reasons for applying
- contact details of one referee that you have worked with/for
The deadline is 1pm on 19th October, you will be notified if selected for interview by the end of the same day.
This is a freelance role and you will need to hold appropriate insurance, a DBS certificate and be responsible for your own tax and national insurance.
Additional Info on the Dark City project:
Funded by the Arts Council, Bristol Ageing Better and the Quartet fund and supported by a residency at the Pervasive Media Studio at the Watershed in Bristol, the project is a development period for an immersive theatre piece; an imaginative fiction, using the dynamics of myth and fairytale yet based in the realities of people who are visually impaired.
The piece aims to weave together elements of theatre, immersive multi sensory, audio-visual and creative technology.
The R&D period will;
Explore the form and content of the theatre piece – what technology, multi sensory elements, live performance it will involve and what narrative structure it will take.
Share and collate stories of living with visual impairment – this will take place at monthly Dark City Sessions open to the wider VI community and feed into the content for the piece itself, as well as being recorded as podcasts and shared more widely through appropriate broadcast platforms.
Develop the market, networks, support and resources to ensure the piece has future life and can move forwards to full production and touring in 2019/20.
Do all this through working with a core group of visually impaired co-devisers, of whom over 50% are older citizens supported through the Bristol Ageing Better Programme, who will also function as a steering group providing expertise, personal experience, networks and contacts.